Tuesday 20 February 2007

Holy Shit! My First Mardi Gras March!!!

As Vanessa Amorossi once said... Dare to Dream.



As a little poof, growing up in the central west NSW town of Dubbo, I always dreamt of making it in the big smoke. I dreamt of being an actor (tick - thanks to NHSPA) I wanted to work for a commercial radio station (tick that box both here and here) and I always wanted to be the son of Tick in Priscilla who gets to do the lights for the drag show at the end (yep - I achieved that one too, when working for the Imperial Hotel)
But then there was another dream. An aspiration, a hope. And one that I could soon be able to make real, thanks to my good friend kpaff.
That dream had me... buff and tanned, shimmying up the middle of Oxford Street whilst doing choregraphed moves to a Bonnie Tyler song and surrounded by gorgeously hot men... all while wearing speedo's.
Now, there's still a slim chance that this spectacular display of masculinity won't take place - but for now, let's say it will.
Thanks to Karla I'm going to be marching, alongside my work collegue and new addition to Tim's Terrfic friend circle Mark, in the Surf Lifesaving float for the 2007 Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras.
Check out the dance moves, listen to the song, perve on the boys and learn the words at http://www.lifesaver2007.blogspot.com
Now, I'm just heading home to do about 3,000 crunches, sit ups, push ups and run for about 3 hours. I have 11 nights to get a 6 pack and march alongside boys such as the ones below.

God Help Me.

No comments: